Chief Executive Officer, CMCS
Bassam Samman is a Senior Project Management Consultant with 40-year service record providing project management, project controls services and project management information system to over than 400 projects with a total value in excess of US$ 400 Billion. Those projects included Commercial, Residential, Education and Healthcare Buildings and Infrastructure, Entertainment, Hospitality and Shopping Malls, Oil and Gas Plants and Refineries, Telecommunication and Information Technology projects.
He is thoroughly experienced in complete project management including project management control systems, computerized project control software, claims analysis/prevention, risk analysis/management (contingency planning), design, supervision, training and business development.
Bassam is a frequent speaker in topics relating to Project Management, Strategic Project Management and Project Management Personal Skills. Over the past 40 years he has lectured at more than 400 events and courses at different locations in the Middle East, North Africa, Europe and South America. He has written more than 400 articles on project management and project management information systems that were featured in international and regional magazines and newspapers. He was a co-founder of the Project Management Institute- Arabian Gulf Chapter (PMI-AGC) and has served on its board of directors for more than 6 years. He is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute (PMI), a certified Planning and Scheduling Professional (PSP) and Earned Value Professional (EVP) from the American Association of Cost Engineers (AACE) and Green Project Management (GPM).
Bassam holds a Masters in Engineering Administration (Construction Management) with Faculty Commendation, George Washington University, Washington, D.C., USA, Bachelor in Civil Engineering – Kuwait University, Kuwait and has attended many executive management programs at Harvard Business School, Boston, USA and London Business School, London, UK.
LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/bassam-samman-cmcs/
CMCS provides fully integrated, 360°, sustainable, quality Project Portfolio Management (PPM) solutions helping clients across all industries to identify, prioritize, and deliver all projects right, the first time.
- We diagnose existing project management practices to identify and recommend performance improvements to projects selection and delivery
- We construct PMOs to formalize project management best practices, enforce governance and promote transparency for projects selection and delivery
- We implement PPMIS solutions to initiate, plan, monitor, control and share a “single version of the truth” of projects’ health and performance
- We cultivate talents to improve project management team members ability to select and deliver projects successfully
- We support clients to implement project management best practices, governance and transparency to ensure successful delivery of their projects
- We offer state of the art software applications to capture, analyze, manage and visualize projects BIG DATA.
Over the past 30 years, CMCS has served 2,500+ clients in 40+ countries in the Middle East, Asia, Europe, Africa and the Americas attaining 55+ performance achievement awards. Just in the past 10 years, CMCS has completed 3,600+ project assignments and delivered 5,500+ days of professional project management training attended by 14,000+ professionals.